-

-

SMC willing to help

Elizabeth Jablonski-Diehl and Sarah Brown | Thursday, August 21, 2003

On behalf of the Student Government Association and the entire student body – welcome to Saint Mary’s.Orientation weekend is undoubtedly one of the most exciting and monumental weekends of your life – and also incredibly hectic. You are beginning your college career and also learning your way around a new place. You have already received, and will continue to receive, lots of information and paperwork. The most important thing to remember is that every single person here at Saint Mary’s, from your fellow Belles to the faculty and administration, is always willing to help you out with anything. You may contact your Student Government representatives in lots of ways – by calling the office at 284-5373, visiting the office in 304 Haggar College Center, e-mailing us at bog@saintmarys.edu, instant messaging at SMCBOG or by just stopping us around campus. We are hard to miss in our polo shirts.We invite you to become fully immersed in campus life. Involvement at Saint Mary’s extends from the classroom to the athletic field and from clubs and organizations to attending our many plays, lectures and performances. Doing well in class is recognized as being very important here at SMC, but even higher regarded is the integrated learning experience that comes from being actively involved on campus. Activities Night on Wednesday, Sept. 3 is a perfect opportunity to get in on the action.Please feel free to approach either of us at any time with any questions you have or just to say hello and introduce yourself – we look forward to meeting each and every one of you.

Elizabeth Jablonski-DiehlSaint Mary’s student body presidentSarah BrownSaint Mary’s student body vice presidentAug. 20, 2003