Belles try to end 4-game losing streak

At this point, the Belles are playing for pride.

After dropping the last four games since their victory over Olivet Feb. 2, the Belles have fallen to 6-17, and 1-11 in the MIAA and are hoping to finish the season on a positive note.

The Belles have not played well in their last four games, being outscored by nearly 18 points per contest.

Kalamazoo (13-10, 5-7) has had a strong season, including a big overtime win against Albion on Jan. 7.

In their only meeting of the year, Kalamazoo defeated Saint Mary's 65-61. This meeting should provide the Belles with some confidence Wednesday night, seeing that they only lost by four points, on the road.

Kalamazoo has been led all season by Ashley Riley who averages13.1 points per game and 8.2 rebounds per game, and Mary Brown who averages 12.5 points per game and 6.7 rebounds per game.

Brown also leads the team in assists, averaging nearly four per game. Brown scored 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds in the meeting between these two teams earlier in the season.

Brown and Riley have each earned MIAA Player of the Week honors this season. Riley's came in the second week of the season, while Brown took the award in the fourth week.

Emily Creachbaum has led the Belles all season. Although she has struggled for consistency all year, Creachbaum's 12.8 points and 5.4 rebounds a game have provided a sense of stability for Saint Mary's.

In the first meeting against Kalamazoo, Creachbaum scored 13 points on 6-of-12 shooting.

Creachbaum is coming off a huge week, where she scored 17 points on 8-of-15 shooting against Adrian.

She then followed it up with an impressive 26 points and seven rebounds in the loss to Alma.

Saint Mary's has one more game following Wednesday night's contest with Kalamazoo before the MIAA tournament. The Belles take on Olivet on Saturday afternoon.

Saint Mary's and Kalamazoo will tip off tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Saint Mary's.