Ebersol, Istvan tickets advance to run-off

The Ryan Craft-Steve Lynch and Mark Healy-Mike Healy tickets will be excluded from Thursday's run-off election after receiving 14 percent and 11.4 percent of the primary vote, respectively.

Both tickets endorsed Adam Istvan and Karla Bell after learning the results, citing the pair's strong policies and similar goals as their reasoning.

"We believe they have the best platform to support. It focuses on getting things done that the students will see, and I like its feasibility. I think they'll do the best job in office," said Mark Healy.

Lynch agreed.

"We all had pretty similar platforms," he said. "I would rather see them in office. Everyone should get out and vote in the second election."

Despite their loss, Healy and Healy said they had no regrets for running, adding that it was an experience they would not have given up.

"If I had the chance, I would definitely run again," Mark Healy said. "The issues we brought to the table were considered when they might not have before. We also showed that freshmen can be involved in student government too."

"Besides, Alexander the Great was never elected to anything," Mike Healy said.

Lynch, also speaking for Craft, who was not in attendance, said that the pair would run their campaign differently had they the chance to start again.

"I wish we would have campaigned a little harder and focused on contacting more people," said Lynch.

Though Craft and Lynch will be seniors next year and thus ineligible for election, Healy and Healy will be sophomores, and have the chance to run again.

"We did not rule out running again next year," Mark Healy said.