Christoforetti defeats Frisch in unanimous decision

To begin the 180-pound quarterfinals, Alumni junior Jim Christoforetti earned a unanimous win over Keough freshman Adam Frisch. Though Frisch delivered some key shots, Christoforetti displayed his boxing prowess with several potent hits in the third round.

In a split decision, senior Denis Sullivan edged out senior Brent Burish. Despite a slow start, Sullivan picked up the pace of the fight with a round of headshots to win.

The third fight of the division saw senior Eric Callahan triumph in a unanimous decision against graduate student Josh Noem. Callahan brushed off Noem's shots and dealt a mix of uppercuts and headshots to win.

Finally, senior Larry Rooney outlasted Siegfried junior Chris Henschen in a split decision, as Rooney landed a right hook to end the intense fight.

Light heavyweight

Senior William Zizic emerged with a win over Stanford junior Mike Abel when the match was stopped at 1:20 in the first round after Zizic administered a series of headshots, leaving Abel dazed.

Keough sophomore Bryan Bylica followed the fight by overcoming senior Padraic McDermott in a unanimous decision. Bylica gained control of the match's tempo and McDermott couldn't come back.

Morrissey sophomore Chris Cavanaugh's match against Alumni sophomore Jeff Golen resulted in a split decision in Cavanaugh's favor after he dominated the second round.

The match between O'Neill sophomore Johnny Griffin and Stanford freshman Eric Retter ended at 1:20 in the second round in favor of Griffin.

Heavyweight

Rounding out the quarterfinals, Zahm sophomore Nathan Schroeder defeated Knott junior Mika Tennant in a unanimous decision, using a mix of head and body shots.