Chap scores 22 points in win

In perhaps one of the most exciting Bookstore Basketball games so far this year, Brian Chap had one of the most impressive individual performances.Chap, an off-campus senior, scored 22 points and pitched in with numerous blocks and rebounds to help Kelly Basney's Inventory Is Backloaded to a hard-fought victory over Craig's Fencing by the final score of 28-26."I'm not just saying this because he scored so many points on us, but Brian Chap should be on the varsity team," Fencing's Tommy Forr said. "We've never seen a performance like that in Bookstore before."The game started out close and ended close, with neither team able to mount anything larger than a three-point lead early. Chap's sharpshooting from the perimeter helped his team stay close, with Fencing leading 11-8 at the half.It was obvious what Fencing's halftime adjustment was - stop Chap from scoring at all costs. After Backloaded scored the first three points of the second half to tie the game at 11, Fencing applied a three-player trap to try and trap Chap in the corner. Chap was able to fight through the trap find a wide-open teammate just inside the 3-point line for an easy two. Chap cooled down some in the second half, but Backloaded's Andrew Schneider answered the call, chipping in with some big baskets to keep the game neck-and-neck.Ultimately, it was Chap who came through for Backloaded. After Forr missed a free throw that would have made the score 27-26 in Fencing's favor, Backloaded forced Fencing into a turnover and Chap was able to drive down the court for an easy lay-in to make the score 27-26 in favor of Backloaded.After Fencing missed a shot, Chap sealed the win for Backloaded with a shot from the outside - appropriate considering that's where he scored the bulk of his points in the game."My teammates helped me out by setting a lot of picks," Chap said."[Fencing] played really good defense and we were lucky to win that game," he said.Choc Full O' Nut 21, Statutes at Large 16Bill Bingle would have made his jersey's namesake proud.Clad in a vintage Charles Barkley Phoenix Suns jersey, Bingle pulled down rebound after rebound and played with a physical edge to help Full survive a challenge against Statutes."I like to bring an attitude to the court like Barkley did," Bingle said. "The ref wasn't calling much either way, and it was pretty even the amount of no-calls that were out there."Bingle and teammate Josh O'Farrell did the bulk of the scoring for Full, who trailed once in the game when Statutes scored the first shot of the contest. Full led the match 11-7 at the half. Although Statutes was able to cut the lead to two after halftime Bingle's team never panicked. Not even controversial refereeing could affect the flow of the game."It was the first officiated game we've played this year, yet it was also one of the roughest," Statutes' Greg Parker said.With a hard wind blowing at the courts, both teams missed shots badly. The obvious strategy during the game changed from outside shooting to interior scoring."With the wind it really becomes a game won or lost in the paint," Statutes captain Andy Demko said.