Runners translate passion to track success

Surveys have shown the most productive workers are the ones who enjoy their jobs. If running track were a job, Dan Driscoll would be employee of the month. "It's not hard to stay focused when you enjoy it," Driscoll. "Running is something I really love to do," he said.The Irish distance runner, who won the 5,000 meters in last week's Spring Opener, will join his teammates in the Tom Botts Invitational this weekend at the University of Missouri. The meet begins Friday with the field events and ends Saturday with the sprinting and distance races.Both the Irish men and women will compete against a Big XII trio of Iowa, Iowa State and Missouri while trying to qualify still more people for the Big East Championships. "I'm feeling pretty confident going into this weekend," Driscoll said. "I want to qualify for the Big East, and I really think it can happen."Molly Huddle did not run in last week's meet and has not had a chance to formally qualify for the conference meet. She is expected, however, to be a major contender for conference and national honors this outdoor season."This is a pretty early season meet, and I look at it as a tune-up for high pressure meets like the Big East and Nationals," she said.Early season or not, Huddle will be prepared to run her best this weekend."If you really look at it, there aren't a whole lot of meets," she said. "Each race is a valuable thing, and you only get so many chances to run."After being stuck inside through the long South Bend winter, Huddle is happy to be able to run outdoors. The indoor track can be hard on her body, and the spring weather has been downright pleasant."I enjoy outdoor more," she said. "I feel fresher running outside."