White, Moran appoint BOG reps

All but three positions on Saint Mary's Board of Governance have been filled for next year since student body president Sarah Catherine White and vice president Mary Pauline Moran took office Thurs-day.

The remaining positions to be filled are those of student trustee, elections commissioner and campus food commissioner, White said.

The student trustee and elections commissioner positions will be filled simultaneously, as Donna Lubbers and Sarah Brown, both juniors, are finalists for each. College President Marilou Eldred is expected to announce the Board of Trustees' decision for student trustee within the next two weeks, and an elections commissioner will subsequently be named.

Before appointing a campus food commissioner, White and Moran foresee revising the position to include additional responsibilities relating to the student center, which is slated for completion in January.

"We're in the process of finding someone," White said. "In all fairness, we'd probably start with the people who were initially interested in BOG."

Those 20 seats on BOG already filled are the result of an application and interview process that began shortly before spring break. Six members of last year's Board, including White, retain positions.

"We feel that we selected a diverse and motivated group of women to represent Saint Mary's in the upcoming year," Moran said. "We're very confident in their abilities."

White describes the Board as "refreshing."

"After spending time on the retreat with everyone and at the BOG transition meeting, I am really honored to work with this group of women," White said. "They bring so many unique talents and represent all aspects of the College."

White and Moran will head the Board's first meeting today at 4:30 p.m.