Students plan, prepare for year's activities

The Council of Representatives held their kick-off meeting last night as all 12 members met to discuss their respective organizations' agendas for the year.Off-campus representative Dave McGowan described his plan to more closely connect off-campus Notre Dame students with the on-campus community. Details included a possible Web site, which would be constantly updated with Notre Dame activities and community service opportunities."We want to do some good things for people off campus so they don't feel like the forgotten step child," said McGowan.Liz Cain, co-chair of the Hall Presidents Council, expressed her organization's concern that competition between residence halls is too high. Cain said HPC would encourage cooperation between hall presidents.Student body president Adam Istvan said he was recently contacted by Rock the Vote, an organization aims to bring youth into the political process and register as many voters as possible. Istvan said he will work with Rock the Vote to set up a Notre Dame Rock the Vote Web site.

In other COR news:uChief Executive Assistant Dave Baron described his analysis of the new student government constitution and showed the group a flow chart of student-run organizations. "COR is the centerpiece of the new constitution," said Baron. u Also mentioned was the possible consolidation of clubs around campus. JR Garcia, Club Coordination Council Representative, discussed the possible consolidation of some of the over 200 campus clubs.