Pair of 2-1 teams face off in Rabid Bats-Ramblers matchup tonight

Playoff positioning will be on the line in the season finale when the Rabid Bats and the Ramblers clash tonight. Both teams are 2-1 and realize the importance of tonight's battle, with the winner being in prime position heading into the playoffs.The Ramblers of Siegfried expected to be in this position. The two-time defending champs' lone blemish is an unexpected defeat in week two against Carroll. Siegfried rebounded on Sunday, however, soundly defeating St. Ed's 20-0. An explosive passing game keyed the win as the Ramblers racked up 192 passing yards. They will look to employ a balanced attack tonight using the arm of quarterback Brian Vithe and the running ability of tailback Matt Woperer. A strong defense has also contributed to the Ramblers' recent success. The team has only given up 17 points in three games this year. For the Rabid Bats, an option-oriented offense has been the cornerstone for the team. Quarterback Sean Wieland has seen limited passing action. He put the ball in the air only five times in the Bats' last game. Instead, the Bats have kept the ball on the ground, relying on their strong offensive line. The Bats should be well prepared and well rested for tonight's game since they didn't have a game on Sunday. The key to the game will likely be the Rabid Bats' ability to control the ball and keep the potent Siegfried offense off the field.