Call to all 'real' basketball fans

The thing real Irish basketball fans love most is getting called crazy when we tell our friends we will be getting frostbite outside Gate 11. Most people do not have any understanding why a person would want to sit over 12 hours in the cold waiting for front-row seats to a Notre Dame game, when it is perfectly easy to walk in five minutes before game time and grab a seat in the bleachers. These are the same sort of "fans" that walk out of a game to beat traffic when there are over eight minutes left, and cannot even stand up and cheer the last 30 seconds of a game. Watching the upsetting loss to Villanova Wednesday night, it was not hard to imagine what the attendance to the UConn game would look like Sunday. While two hard road losses won't deter real Irish fans from camping out Saturday night, I am sure there will be many a season-ticket holder who will not feel like coming out to support their team against a rabid UConn squad. This letter is a petition to all Irish fans to pack the JACC early on Sunday. Not only did UConn students camp out for Gameday, but they also waited over 10 hours in their stadium before game time to show their support. Can we not fill our seats even an hour early on Sunday? By showing up early we will be able to show the Huskies why the Princeton Review would rank Notre Dame number one in their "Students pack the Stadiums" survey. Oh, and Lee Regner, even though your band seat is guaranteed, we all hope to see you out there early Sunday morning for more of your fantastic advice on how "ideal" Irish fans need to act.

Thomas Hogan

off-campus

Michael Hatke

Dillon Hall

juniors

Jan. 27