Tips for a special Mom's Day breakfast in bed

For a special Mother's Day, why not pamper your mom with the ultimate treat - breakfast in bed. Have her sleep in while you whip up some of these simple and comforting foods. Prepare most of the ingredients the night before so you'll be ready to assemble everything first thing in the morning.Dig out a cute tray and dress it up with a vase of her favorite flowers. Fresh-squeezed juice and good quality coffee round out the meal. If you want to add an extra splash of fun, prepare some yummy mimosas. Remember the most important part of this homemade present - a clean kitchen by the time she gets out of bed.

Banana-Stuffed French Toast1 firm, ripe banana3/4 cup half-and-half2 large eggs1 teaspoon vanilla1/4 teaspoon cinnamon1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg4 (1-inch thick) slices day-old challah or brioche2 tablespoons unsalted butterConfectioners' sugar for dustingAccompaniment: Warm maple syrup

Cut banana into 1/4-inch thick slices. In a bowl, whisk together half-and-half, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut bread slices horizontally almost in half, leaving 1 edge intact. Stuff each pocket with 4 to 6 banana slices (do not overstuff). In a baking dish just large enough to hold bread slices in one layer, arrange slices and pour custard over them. Soak slices, turning them over once or twice to allow bread to absorb all liquid, about 15 minutes. In a 12-inch non-stick skillet melt butter over low heat until foam subsides and cook slices until golden, about 5 minutes on each side. Dust French toast with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup. Serves two.Courtesy of Gourmet Magazine; Copyright © 2005 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved Maple Glazed Bacon12 slices bacon1/4 cup pure maple syrup1 teaspoon Dijon mustard1 teaspoon brown sugar

Cook the bacon: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon in batches until it is browned but not crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Glaze the bacon: Combine the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Return bacon to the skillet, brush with the glaze, and turn. Cook glazed side down for 2 minutes over low heat. Glaze, turn, and cook for an additional 2 minutes over low heat. Repeat until all of the glaze is used and serve immediately. Serves four.Courtesy of Country Living Magazine, Copyright iVillage © 2005 www.ivillage.com, All Rights Reserved

Blueberry Scones2 cups all-purpose flour1/4 cup packed brown sugar1 tablespoon baking powder1/4 teaspoon salt1/4 cup butter, chilled1 cup fresh blueberries3/4 cup half-and-half cream1 egg Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cut butter into mixture of flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add blueberries and toss to mix. In separate bowl beat together cream and egg, and slowly pour into dry ingredients, stirring with rubber scraper until dough forms. Knead just until it comes together, 3 or 4 times. Don't overhandle. Divide dough in half. On lightly floured board, shape each half into a 6-inch round. Cut into 6 wedges. Bake on ungreased sheet about 20 minutes at 375ºF. Serve warm. Makes 12.Courtesy of Anne Black, Copyright © 2005; www.allrecipes.com., All Rights Reserved