Students anxious to score Michigan tickets

The Irish faithful exiting Legends Thursday were one step closer to scoring tickets to the Sept. 10 Notre Dame-Michigan game in Ann Arbor thanks to a flawless Student Union Board (SUB) ticket lottery.

More than 2,000 student IDs were swiped, which officials say is the highest number in the past two years. Ten minutes was the maximum wait incurred during the noontime rush.

Students expressed appreciation for SUB's smoothly run operation.

"There was no wait when I arrived," sophomore Andy Makielski said. "The whole event was extremely efficient and student friendly."

Fellow ticket-seeking sophomore Megan O'Hara agreed with Makielski.

"I was surprised at how quickly the line moved," she said. "It was very easy and enjoyable."

Even the students working the event seemed happy to be there.

SUB president Jimmy Flaherty said he was glad the Board could play a role in helping students get to Ann Arbor.

"Students seemed to be really excited about the upcoming season and the chance to watch the Irish play in Ann Arbor," Flaherty said. "Anyone who has been to an away game knows how much fun it is to be there with other Notre Dame fans hoping to see a win on the road. Hopefully, the game will be as successful as the lottery was today."

Winning numbers are printed in The Observer today. Students need to bring the winning ticket and their ID to the LaFortune Box Office by the close of business on Tuesday, Sept. 6 in order to purchase the tickets, which cost $59 each.