Walsh Hall hosts 'Football 101' rally

Tonight the Wild Women of Walsh will do their part to swell the already bursting Irish football excitement on campus and educate students with "Football 101."

The entire campus is invited to attend the interactive - and informative - pep rally that begins in LaFortune Ballroom at 8:30 p.m.

Football players, including quarterback Brady Quinn, kicker/punter D.J. Fitz-patrick and linebacker Corey Mays will be the featured speakers. Chuck "Raise the Roof" Lennon, cheerleaders and the Leprechaun will also be present.

The event, which is one of Walsh's signature events, will feature trivia questions, door prizes and food. Three autographed footballs signed by the evening's celebrities will be raffled off. At the conclusion of the event, students will have the chance to speak to the celebrity guests personally.

The "Football 101" co-commissioners, Marie Brenner, Julie Campbell and Mary Sullivan, said they hoped the event would help students prepare for Saturday's home game against Michigan State.

"The football team's 2-0 start is fantastic and should motivate the student body to take this opportunity to learn more about football in order to more fully understand the games," Brenner said.

Sullivan agreed with Brenner, saying, "This fun event is especially helpful to international students and others who may be unfamiliar with football."