WOMEN'S INTERHALL GOLD LEAGUE: Phoxes preparing for Finest attack

Pangborn has momentum coming into Sunday's 5 p.m. game at Riehle Field against Farley after an 18-0 victory over Pasquerilla West Thursday night.

Sophomore defensive lineman Stephanie Lewis felt the improvement from week one was key to the Phoxes' success in their next game.

"The defense stepped up and executed better against PW, and the running game was good," she said.

Lewis also feels quarterback Katie Mooney has becoming more comfortable, and the Pangborn freshmen are taking to the team's style of play more and more each game.

Pasquerilla East vs. Pasquerilla West

Sunday's upcoming interhall game between Pasquerilla East and Pasquerilla West marks the next chapter in a friendly, but always competitive, rivalry. The two teams will clash Sunday at 5 pm at Riehle Field, both prepared for what's expected to be an intense and emotional contest.

The Purple Weasels are coming off of a tough loss against the Phoxes of Pangborn while the Pyros recently lost 16-12 to Walsh.

McGlinn vs. Welsh Family

Two unbeaten West Quad teams will meet Sunday at 4 p.m. at Riehle Fields when the Welsh Family Whirlwinds take on the neighboring McGlinn Shamrocks.

Note:

Pasquerilla East downed Breen-Phillips Thursday night, 18-0, in a makeup last Thursday's rainout at Stepan Fields.