MEN'S INTERHALL:Carroll outscores Knott; Siegfried, Sorin win

Even without two starters and the coach, Carroll was able to come away with a victory on Sunday, securing their spot in the playoffs. Knott put up an outstanding fight, but in the end fell short with a final score of 20-15.

Carroll's offense scored its first touchdown in the second quarter on a 30 yard Kory Wilmot pass to Paul Tassinari to put Carroll on the one-yard line. Tassinari then caught a touchdown pass and the first half endedwith Carroll up 8-0.

In the first possession of the second half, Knott Quarterback Matt Whittington was able to get through to Justin Betz, who also caught the 2-point conversion, tying the game.

Carroll was quick to respond, as Mark Bennett scored on a 65 yard punt return. Knott followed suit as Whittington threw a 40-yard pass to Betz, who notched his second touchdown. The Juggs took on Dan Romza's successful PAT.

But Carroll's Kyle Kownacki scored another touchdown, leaving Knott with just over three minutes to try and take back the lead. Bennett intercepted a pass on the Knott 20-yard line, sealing the Carroll victory at 20-15.

Siegfried 10, St Ed's 0

Ten was the stat of the game, as Siegfried shut out St. Ed's 10-0 and held their opponents to negative 10 yards of total offense.

The St. Ed's offense was completely suffocated by Siegfried's defense. The Rambler defense recorded three sacks and seven negative plays in a total display of physical domination.

In the third quarter, a blocked punt gave St. Ed's the rare opportunity of playing in Siegfried territory when the Ramblers were still only up 3-0. But in keeping with the trends of the game, the Stedsmen ran three ineffective plays and had their field goal blocked.

The Ramblers punished the Stedsmen defense with a two-pronged running attack that featured Pat Manning (15 carries, 109 yards, TD) and Marcus Young (8 carries, 68 yards). Young broke free for 31 yards, and Pat Manning ran for a 24-yard touchdown on Siegfried's fourth quarter touchdown drive.

The loss put St. Ed's at 0-3 and in danger of winless season. Even more disconcerting is that the Stedsmen have still yet to score this season.

Sorin 7, Fisher 0

Conor Dougalss's 25-yard touchdown pass to Kevin Tooke at the end of the third quarter proved to be the difference as the Sorin Otters (2-2) defeated the Fisher Green Wave(1-2) 7-0. The win clinches the final playoff spot in the Blue League for the Otters.

Sorin's touchdown came one play after defensive lineman Ryan Adams caused and recovered a fumble by Fisher quarterback Riley Fenlon.

Fisher mounted a long drive in the fourth quarter, but was unable to score when a Fenlonopass on 4th and 14 fell incomplete.

Fisher suffered from injuries to key players in the first half. On their second drive, running back Tom Sullivan re-twisted his previously injured ankle and sat out the rest of the game and starting quarterback Patrick Gotebeski left after absorbing a huge hit.

Sorin's defensive line, led by Adams, Kyle Kron and Dan McMahon, got good penetration all day and prevented Fisher from establishing a running game.

"Both lines stepped up and played well," said Sorin coach Matt Young.