Appreciating, seeking student support

I want to take a minute to thank the over 800 students from Notre Dame, Saint Mary's and Holy Cross for their attendance at and enthusiastic participation in last Friday night's Fighting Irish Hockey game against Princeton. In addition, the outstanding performance from our Hockey Pep Band and the energy and support of the "Stanford Syndicate" were greatly appreciated by the team. While Friday's result on the ice was disappointing, I was proud of the way the team bounced back the next night to beat Princeton 2-0. With your continued support, many more victories lie ahead of us - both at the Joyce Center and elsewhere.

This Friday night, the Irish will face the strongest challenge of this young season when the Michigan Wolverines, currently ranked No. 1 in the nation, enter the JACC Fieldhouse. In previous years, free student admission to the biggest games has been limited to only 400 seats - but not this year. While the game will be sold out, an additional 400 tickets (total of 800) have been purchased for the exclusive use of ND, SMC, and HCC students for this game. Will you be among the 800 students to cheer the Irish to victory? As an extra incentive, I have arranged with our promotions department to guarantee that four students will win a round trip flight to Las Vegas or Orlando on Allegiant Air, and one student will have the chance to win free books for a semester from the Hammes Bookstore on Friday night.

Thank you for coming out last weekend to cheer on the Irish Hockey team! Now, this Friday night at 7:30 p.m., when the Notre Dame Fighting Irish take on the Michigan Wolverines, come out again and prove that there is no finer, louder, more enthusiastic college hockey student section than the JACC O'WACCOS at Notre Dame!

Go Irish!

Jeff JacksonNotre Dame head hockey coachNov. 2