Lucky Irish, lucky fans

I attempted to take a step back from it all after the Tennessee game this weekend, and I realized just how fortunate and spoiled I've been in the games that I've seen so far this year.

I'm a freshman, and I was never one of the kids destined to go to Notre Dame since before they could walk. Hence, the four games I've seen at Notre Dame stadium so far this year are the first four experiences of my life with Notre Dame football, and I've found myself asking the same question multiple times: How did I get so lucky with the games I've seen so far?

First, there was the Michigan State game. Besides the beautiful weather and the fact that it was my first-ever Notre Dame game, it was one of the best football games I've ever seen. There's nothing more exciting to me than a comeback, and the 21-point deficit that Notre Dame overcame in a little over a quarter was nothing short of exhilarating. Even though we ended up on the wrong side of the scoreboard, being in the student section during that comeback was unbelievable.

Next, there was the USC game which pretty much speaks for itself. I will say, however, that it will be very difficult for any sporting event to ever surpass my experience for not only the game, but the weekend in general. I can't help smiling knowing that the ND-USC game was one of the greatest games ever in college football and I was there to witness it.

Thinking that nothing could even come close to the first two games of the season, the BYU game surprised me. While it was by far not the USC or even Michigan State experience, it is not every day that you see about five school records broken in one game. If only there was fantasy football for college that day.

Finally, this past Saturday, I had an opportunity to witness the Tennessee game from the press box. Since that will probably be the last time for many years that I get 50-yard line seats to a football game that actually means something, it will be experience that I don't forget anytime soon.

I've seen a total of four Notre Dame football games in my life, and each one has left me walking away shaking my head in disbelief. It will be difficult to surpass the games I've seen so far, but Coach Weis around for 10 more years, I'm hoping he will give me some more games to remember.