A football fan's holiday wish list

1. A kicker - our best kicker was hurt and wearing a knee brace, yet Charlie kept sending him out onto the field because who else was he going to put in? Here's hoping we get someone with a golden foot so we never have to worry about losing a game over a missed extra point again. And how about letting Brady punt from now on? He is leading the nation in punting with a 48-yard average.

2. A bowl victory for the Irish - with a BCS bowl win, Notre Dame will finish in the top five in the country for the first time in what seems like an eternity.

3. That USC win its bowl game and go undefeated until we hand them a humiliating loss next season en route to a National Championship.

4. That James Aldridge is the next Reggie Bush.

5. Two more inches for Ambrose Wooden because the kid is our best corner and with those few extra inches, who knows what could have happened (see USC game).

6. That Victor Abiamiri's four sacks against the Cardinal on Saturday become a regular occurrence next season.

7. An upset Heisman victory for Brady Quinn this year, because let's face it - that would be awesome.

8. A reunion between Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel, the head coach of the Cleveland Browns and former Patriots defensive coordinator. With Romeo coaching the defense, we wouldn't lose another game for at least 20 years.

9. Another year of eligibility for Mr. Stovall. Can you imagine a wide receiver set comprised of the Shark, MoSto and Rhema? We would average somewhere around 100 points a game.

10. A better selection for the Leprechaun next year. Well, at least one who knows what he's doing and doesn't struggle to do push-ups with the cheerleaders.

11. That Brandon Hoyte and Corey Mays go on to have successful NFL careers because they deserve it.

12. Free season tickets to the guys in pink shirts who kept putting up the football recruits during the games - even if they weighed 300 pounds.

13. For next year, a wish that the police, excise or whatever you want to call them leave the tailgates before games alone and try to find something better to do. Let the fans have some fun and quit ruining an important aspect of the Notre Dame football experience - tailgates.