2007, 2008 Class Councils decided

Candidates in the 2006-07 Class Council Elections expressed varying degrees of excitement, disappointment and prolonged anticipation while hearing election results 9 p.m. Monday in the Club Resource Center of LaFortune.

The Sheldon Dutès-A.J. Cedeño-Stephanie Pelligra-Katie McGuckin ticket for senior Class Council gathered 488 votes to defeat the opposing Liz Kozlow-Alex French-Laura Kelly-Danny Chisholm ticket (407 votes).

While Dutès, the senior class president-elect, could not quite get the words together to express his excitement, McGuckin - Dutès running mate and senior class treasurer-elect - said the victors are excited to put "ambitious goals and plans" into motion.

Their plans include designated senior service projects, a Christmas dinner in the press box and a monthly Class of 2007 newsletter, according to the ticket's campaign Web site.

For junior Class Council, Bridget Keating, Jarrett Lantz, Michelle Zaldana and Michael Cimino secured 415 votes to defeat the Sheena Plamoottil-Paul Robbins-Jordan Gallo-Joe Varchetto ticket (380 votes).

A run-off election will decide the class of 2009 appointees Thursday, since two tickets separated from the rest of the pack in the only Class Council election to present multiple tickets.

Both tickets that will proceed to the run-off acquired over 300 votes, with the Lulu Meraz-Bob Reish-Janeva Waked-Joey Brown ticket obtaining 365 votes and the Kevin Marvinac-Catherine Martinez-Laura Behr-Colin Heye ticket following with 302 votes.

These tickets beat out three other tickets, the closest being the George Chamberlain-Ryan Black-Lizzy Montana-Natassia Kwan ticket with 245 votes.

"The other candidates did an excellent job," said Keating, junior class president-elect. "It was a great competition for both tickets. We've had success working together in the past."

But the competition is not over for those in the run-off, as sophomore Class Council presidential candidate Meraz noted.

"The election is not over, but I am happy with the results and I hope people remember to vote," he said.