Keenan Revue tickets gone within minutes

Notre Dame and Saint Mary's students quickly snatched up tickets Friday for the sometimes-controversial Keenan Revue. The annual comedy show - now in its 30th year - sold out all three of its performances within minutes.

Keenan gave away 1,300 tickets at Notre Dame's Joyce Athletic and Convocation Center and in the O'Laughlin Auditorium lobby at Saint Mary's. Ticket sales for Notre Dame began at 4 p.m. at the JACC and at 1 p.m. at Saint Mary's.

People began lining up at the JACC at noon, ticket manager J.J. Cappa said.

"We didn't have to turn anyone away," Cappa said. "We seemed to have just enough for everyone who wanted one."

Tickets for the Feb. 9 and 11 shows were sold out within 14 minutes, and tickets for the Feb. 10 show were sold out within half an hour, show producer Thomas Flowers said.

In addition to the tickets given away at the JACC and Saint Mary's, each Keenan resident receives at least four tickets and more are reserved for VIPs and faculty members.

The Keenan Revue - which Keenan's Web site calls "the lone spark of entertainment during the spring semester" - will be performed in the O'Laughlin Auditorium at Saint Mary's.

Flowers said he is enthusiastic about the quality of the show this year. Thirty acts, plus four musical acts, will perform in the Revue.

"It's a very well-rounded, quality show," Flowers said. "We hope to entertain everybody and have a good time."