Knights of Columbus no mystery

So here's the word on the most mysterious building on campus (after the radiation lab, that is): That lovely, columned building conveniently located at the juncture of God Quad and South Quad is the home base for the Knights of Columbus Notre Dame Council No. 1477. The Notre Dame KofC has been serving the University since 1910 and has organized hundreds of Catholic men to serve Notre Dame and the wider community. We are probably best known for our steak sandwiches, which we sell every home football game right out front of our building. Each year, the Knights raise in the neighborhood of $50,000 with the steak sales, and every bit of it is distributed to charities near and far. We have supported the Gibault School for Troubled Youth for decades, and we have also contributed to Right to Life, Holy Cross Missions, Big Brothers and Big Sisters and dozens of other worthy causes throughout the years. We helped to found the Bengal Bouts, and legend has it that we coined the slogan "God, Country, Notre Dame." As a Catholic men's fraternal organization, we are dedicated to upholding and promoting the mission of the Church. We are always looking for new members and would love to talk with any men who would like to join us in this mission. Anyone who has any questions or would just like a tour of our building should feel free to stop by before the Blue and Gold game for a steak sandwich, or email me at jwaugh@nd.edu. The Notre Dame Knights of Columbus: 96 years of service, and counting.

Jarrod WaughKnights of ColumbusMarch 30