Hilton's debut proves to be more than a one-nighter

Rule No. 20 of Pairs Hilton's book "How to be an Heiress" is "Fear Nothing."

While most ridicule Paris as being "famous for being famous," she has yet to forget her rule by dismissing naysayers and proving to be a relentless and successful model-actress-entrepreneur and, most recently, singer. Her debut album "Paris" was released on Aug. 22 via her very own record label, Heiress Records.

While the first single, "Stars are Blind," has seemingly become the guilty pleasure of mainstream music listeners worldwide, it is just a small glimpse into an entire album of well-produced songs.

Track 10, "Turn it Up," was meant to be the first single released. It has a girlish Euro-pop feeling quite similar to the sound of singer Kylie Minogue. At its start, the name Scott Storch is whispered preceding the famous words "That's Hot." In fact, his name is repeated in multiple songs throughout the CD.

It is not surprising that this legendary producer and songwriter is continuously mentioned. Most will attribute the heat brought to Paris' sound entirely to Storch. He is undeniably a legendary name on the music scene, and on a more personal level has been rumored throughout the tabloids to be involved in frequent romantic relations with the singer.

"Paris" isn't too different a sound than the slew of pop-princess songs heard over the past decade. Some have compared Hiltons' beats to that of Blondie, a late Madonna and even a recent Kelly Clarkson. Closer listens reveals otherwise. Comparisons to Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani or Euro-pop are more fitting.

Throughout, Hilton is mainly dependent on her best attempt at a sexy/sultry voice. Sexiness is the undisputed theme for this album. "Turn You On" is a shout out from Paris to Paris as she sings, "If you're sexy and you know it ... clap your hands!"

What else could you expect from an ultra-rich, ultra-famous, over-dated heiress?

Track five, "Jealousy," is probably the worst song on the album. The only reasonable explanation for its existence has to be reported rumors of its link to a certain infamous feud with "Simple Life" reality show co-star Nicole Richie.

Tune into track two, "Fightin' Over Me." It's not just the best song on the album but, featuring rap megastars Fat Joe and Jadakiss, it's a quality dance track as well. Other quality songs include "I Want You, and especially "Nothing in This World" which premiered as the theme song to "This is Paris" on MTV.

Let's face it, if Gwen Stefani had come out with an album like this, there is "no doubt" that reviewers would embrace her for the yummy reggae-esque beats then praise her for a revival of dance hall pop. The fact is that it's not any other artist - it's the heiress herself - which makes the album an easy target for ridicule.

Paris has reportedly already begun to record for her second album, but don't get hopes too high. After all, it takes the help of seriously talented background singers, and of course, the best of Scott Storch to come up with an album this good.

Some may mock the album as a spawn of her ego-tastic image, but the truth is that it's better than just decent. It may be just another chance for Paris to characteristically showcase just how sexy she thinks she is, but those who accept the album for what it is will find it entirely enjoyable.

"Paris" just might prove that in fact party girls know best when it comes to good music.