The Weekend at Notre Dame

On campus

SUB Movie

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"This sequel to the hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" finds Captain Jack setting out to settle his blood debt with Davey Jones, pulling all the characters from the first film along for the ride.

Friday and Saturday: 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

101 De Bartolo, $3

DPAC Classic 100

"M"Fritz Lang's first sound film and one of the first great suspense thrillers, "M" is the story of a hunt conducted by both the police and the Berlin underworld for a whistling pedophile/serial killer. (German language with English subtitles.)

Sunday: 4 p.m.

Browning Cinema, $3

Legends

Football Friday: Celebrate the upcoming football weekend with a live music party at

8 p.m.

Midnight Nightclubs: Flashback Friday will feature favorites from the 70s and 80s.

On Saturday, DJ Rhinolith will be spinning and mixing the latest hits in progressive house, trance, europop and electronica on Eurodance night.

Gamewatch: Notre Dame vs. Purdue, all day Saturday.

Snite Museum of Art

The "Caras Vemos, Corazones No Sabemos - The Human Landscape of Mexican Migration to the United States" feature exhibit raises issues concerning Mexican migration to the U.S. through Chicano/Mexican visual arts.

Thursday-Saturday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday: 1 p.m.-5 p.m.

Free

Josie Vodicka

Josie Vodicka will perform songs from her latest album, "Close Your Eyes," which draws on samba, folk, pop and gospel influences.

Friday: 1 p.m.-1:45 p.m., Saturday: 12 p.m.-12:45 p.m.

Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore, free

Off campus

Cinemark 14 (matinee $5.50, evening $6.75, Friday/Saturday evening $7)

Opening this weekend:

"Facing the Giants." In this inspirational story, a losing coach and his high school football team turn to God to do the impossible on and off the field.

"Open Season." The computer animated film from Columbia Pictures features the voices of Ashton Kutcher and Martin Lawrence and tells the story of Boog, a domesticated grizzly bear who finds himself stranded in the woods - three days before hunting season.

"School for Scoundrels." Jon Heder of "Napoleon Dynamite" plays an unlucky and clumsy meter reader who enrolls himself in a school that teaches self-confidence and suavity so that he can win the love of his crush. Things get complicated when it turns out his competitive instructor (Billy Bob Thornton) goes after the same girl.

"The Guardian." Struggling with the loss of his crew in a fatal crash, rescue swimmer Ben Randall (Kevin Costner) is reassigned to teach at an elite school for Coast Guard rescue swimmers. There he meets Jake Fischer (Ashton Kutcher), a recruit in the program. Both help each other to grasp the meaning of sacrifice.

Also playing:

Accepted

All the King's Men

Everyone's Hero

Flyboys

Gridiron Gang

Invincible

Jackass: Number Two

Jet Li's Fearless

The Black Dahlia

The Covenant

The Last Kiss

Showplace 16 (Before noon $5, before 6 p.m. $5.50, after 6 p.m. $6 with ID)

All the King's Men

The Black Dahlia

Everyone's Hero

Facing the Giants

Flyboys

Gridiron Gang

The Guardian

Jackass: Number Two

Jet Li's Fearless

Little Miss Sunshine

Open Season

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

School for Scoundrels

Cinemark Movies 6 (Friday/Saturday after 6 p.m. $2, other weekend showings $1.50)

Cars

John Tucker Must Die

Miami Vice

Monster House

Snakes on a Plane

Superman Returns

Zoom