From 'We need to talk,' the dialogue continues

I wrote an article about the Notre Dame football team in 2005 saying that I was proud of their sportsmanship. If I would have known it would have been used against me, I would have kept my mouth shut.

I am a fourth generation Saint Mary's student, and that is something I am proud of. I am proud to say that when I graduate with a chemistry degree, it will be from a nationally accredited program. I am proud to say that I know my physical chemistry teacher so well that I would gladly give up my football tickets to keep that close bond alive. Saint Mary's is more than being able to reap the perks of Notre Dame. I love the idea that I'll never step into a class that is over 30 people. I know my teachers to the point where I have been invited to their houses for dinner. I always feel that my voice will be heard.

This may not be every Saint Mary's woman's case, but I know it is the majority. We're not all here for the football games or to be managers or to be in the marching band. Students can do that at any university. We are here for the education and environment we know Saint Mary's can provide us. Besides, if Notre Dame students are just using Saint Mary's for the education classes, O'Laughlin, and Semester Around the World, what is that guy doing in nursing? And who was that in the calculus three course? And I'm pretty sure no girl here bench presses 300 pounds. There is a road connecting the two schools. They do not have to be under the same name for all students to take full advantage of the opportunities both schools have to offer.

Lastly, go Kansas State football.

Christine Herdman

junior

LeMans Hall

Feb. 13