Members to debate, vote on two fiscal amendments

Student body vice president Bill Andrichik announced Tuesday that two amendments will be debated and voted on tomorrow concerning the fiscal policies discussed during recent Council of Representatives (COR) meetings.

One of the amendments concerns moving presidential division of the Student Union Board's budget to Student Government's budget.

The presidential division is a separate part of the SUB budget set aside for programming that is used by student government. SUB manager Patrick Vassel proposed that the funds be moved out of SUB budget and into student government funding.

Andrichik said that the oversight committee has approved the request.

"The new amendment would require that the student body president make a formal request for allocation to the office of the president budget that would encompass all policy-based programming," he said.

The second amendment concerns the amount of money groups are able to spend without needing approval. As of now, any expenditures over $5,000 need approval, but some groups, such as the Student Union Board, have large budgets and consistently need to spend over $5,000.

The new plan under the proposed amendment would be a "hybrid model," Andrichik said, with the limit being "five percent of the group budget or $5,000, whichever is higher."

In other COR News:

u Judicial Council President Liz Kozlow reported that both senior and junior class council elections were suspended due to both senior and junior candidates running unopposed. The sophomore class council elections resulted in a run-off, which will take place Thursday, she said.

u Student Union Treasurer Steve Friend nominated Kadeja Gaines as his successor for the term that begins March 1.

"Kadeja is qualified, dedicated, and hard-working." Friend said in a recommendation letter to the COR members.

"As an assistant, she has demonstrated the ambition, drive, and capacity necessary to serve the student body," Friend said.

Gaines was approved.

u Club Coordination Council President Kerry Kilbourn presented a COR Collaboration Fund Appeal for Disability Awareness Month sponsored by Best Buddies, Perspectives and Sophomore Class Council. Most of the proposed funding is to be spent toward a speaker, Kilbourn said. The event was granted $1,385.