Poorman responds to recently passed resolutions

A letter from Vice President of Student Affairs Mark Poorman, which addressed the Campus Life Council's resolutions on freshman "disorientation" events and the reliability of the campus Domer Dollar swipe card system, topped the agenda at the council's meeting last night.

Student Affairs recently convened a rector task group to examine freshman orientation in the halls, Poorman wrote, and the group will consult with representatives from the Student Activities Office, the Office of Residence Life and Housing, the Conduct Awareness Task Force of the CLC, the Office of Residence Life and Housing, the Conduct Awareness Task force of the CLC, the Office of Alcohol and Drug Education and the Gender Relations Center - as CLC's resolution suggested.

"I commend the CLC Task Force on its thoughtful report, " Poorman wrote. "I will forward the resolution to the newly formed rector task group, and am sure that the findings outlined in the report will be helpful as they begin their work."

In addition, Poorman forwarded the Domer Dollar resolution to James Lyphout, vice president for Business Operations. Given "fruitful conversations in the past on matters related to student life," Poorman anticipates Mr. Lyphout's "sincere attention to this issue."

In other CLC news:

u Liz Brown, chief executive assistant and task force on student voice and input chair, said that after a few changes are made to the Du Lac pamphlet per suggestion by the Office of Residence Life and Housing and the Student Union Board finishes the design, the pamphlet should be printed.

u Bill Andrichik, student body vice president and task force on conduct awareness chair, said his committee has reviewed the University's report on gambling and hopes to become involved in the education efforts the report outlines. The aim is to educate the student body on the illegality of gambling in Indiana as well as to add to various existing resources available for hall staffs.