-

-

Students report two sexual assault crimes

Katie Kohler | Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Police are investigating two separate incidents of reported sex offenses – one involving a Notre Dame student and the other involving a Saint Mary’s student.

The incidents, a fondling sex offense and sexual assault, both were reported Sunday night to Notre Dame Security/Police (NDSP).

In the case of the sexual assault, a Notre Dame student reported an acquaintance committed the crime, according to an e-mail to students Monday. The e-mail said the assault occurred on campus Saturday.

The Observer was not able to reach NDSP officials Tuesday.

In the second case, a Saint Mary’s student notified NDSP at 8:15 p.m. Sunday after a man approached her and a friend at State Road 933 en route to the Grotto. The man, who was on roller blades, inappropriately touched the student, who was not injured, as he passed by, the e-mail said.

“The suspect was described to NDSP as a college-age, white male, skinny build, wearing a blue T-shirt and black jeans, black roller blades and a black hat with a white t-shirt pulled over his head,” the e-mail said.

Saint Mary’s Security did not return phone calls from The Observer Tuesday.

NDSP’s e-mail encouraged students to report information on crimes, suspicious activity and emergencies to 9-1-1 and to contact NDSP with any non-emergency assistance on campus.