Thanks for a successful hockey season

Thank you Noah, Mike, Brett, David, Stewart, Erik, Brian, Kevin, Christian, T.J., Dan, Kyle, Christiaan, Tom, Wes, Jason, Jordan, Evan, Garrett, Tom, Josh, Brock, Ryan, Mark, Dan, Justin and Coaches Jackson, Pooley and Slaggert for being the greatest hockey team in Notre Dame history. You guys accomplished a lot this season and set the bar high for future teams. You were the first Notre Dame team to win the regular season CCHA title, the CCHA tournament championship and an NCAA Tournament game. You more than doubled your wins from last season. You lit up the big number one on top of Grace Hall for two months.

We remember how last year we were able to roam freely in the nearly empty stands, and Mike's "Get in the box!" could be heard anywhere in the North Dome of the JACC. Today it is a little harder to hear Mike since there are now thousands of cheering fans every game. You have drawn sellout crowds to the JACC for more games than we can remember. You were the guys who brought people to wait two hours in line for tickets that were not even guaranteed. You reinvigorated a fan base, created an aura of confidence and gave fans a mindset for victory.

When you look back at the season, just remember that among the many things you accomplished, you decimated then-No. 1 Boston College (though only by six goals) and sent the Wolverines scampering back to Ann Arbor three times. You guys deserve to play in a new arena (to whomever it may concern: build it soon please), and you showed Notre Dame how fun hockey can be. Thank you for this season.

Every fan should cheer as loudly as Mrs. Thang. Go Irish.

Mike Sullivan, Andy Kocab

sophomores

Knott Hall

Mar. 25