Irish fans ready to take on Michigan

Notre Dame and Michigan fans alike will be glued to their television sets Saturday to see which team comes away with a win and which team adds another game to its losing streak.

Some Notre Dame students will travel to Ann Arbor to watch the drama unfold in the Big House.

Sophomore Tom Robertson will drive to Michigan this weekend with three of his friends. He does not have a ticket to the game yet, but he hopes to purchase one once he arrives at the University of Michigan campus.

"I don't think they will be that expensive," Robertson said.

The Irish and the Wolverines both have 0-2 records this season, a figure quite different from the 2-0 record both schools had coming into the matchup last year. Last year, Michigan defeated Notre Dame 47-21 in Notre Dame Stadium.

Sophomore John Gallagher plans to travel to Ann Arbor for the game with a few of his friends.

"I'm not sure how we are getting there," Gallagher said.

The Student Union Board (SUB) provided students like Gallagher the chance to purchase tickets through a lottery held Sept. 3 at Legends. Over 1,700 students entered the lottery and 98 winning tickets were randomly selected, SUB manager Phil Ross said.

Tickets that were unsold through the lottery went on sale to the general student body Thursday on a first come, first served basis.

The Student Activities Office has been selling bus tickets to Ann Arbor for $10. Coach buses are scheduled to depart at 9 a.m. Saturday and will return around midnight Saturday. About 41 bus passes remain. Students may purchase the passes at the information desk in LaFortune.

Lewis freshmen Jenna Stagliano and Victoria Braga plan to use the bus service this weekend with two other friends. The girls have tickets in the Michigan student section with a Michigan friend. Although they will be surrounded by Wolverines fans, the girls plan on sporting The Shirt.