King of Troy

Freshman ladies: Looking for your future husband?

Look no further than Michael Troy.

I know what you might be thinking. Who is Michael Troy?

Asking such a question is only forgivable because young Michael has graced the Notre Dame campus with his presence for a mere 14 days. This spectacular young lad hails from Charlotte, N. C., also my hometown.

Our fathers played high school football together and have been best friends ever since. Vacationing, dining and partying together have been commonplace among the Troys and Peraltas for as long as I can remember.

Even at a young age, Michael proved wise beyond his years. I recall fondly one football weekend when Michael and his father came to visit my family when we still lived here in South Bend.

His fascination with Notre Dame and its football tradition was matched only by his superior intellectual curiosity. Michael proceeded one evening to teach me how to play all of our computer games, including my personal favorite, Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Michael's genius only grew in high school, as he fulfilled his passion for physics when he joined Science Olympiad. Now Michael is not only a left-side-of-the-brain kind of guy.

He also made all the young ladies of Charlotte Catholic swoon as a striking tenor in the mixed choral group. He even shook his groove thing in the school musical.

Before I knew it, my childhood friend was already looking at colleges. He knew all along that he belonged right here under the Dome.

Nonetheless, my young friend visited me at school, and the minute he set foot on campus, his sparkling blue eyes lit up and he began showing his parents around.

I invited him to attend my astronomy class, and Michael once again shocked the ladies in the class as he participated actively, proving to be more knowledgeable about supernovae and space-time than most people in the class.

Michael's fine intellect intimidated college kids even as a high schooler.

So you must be thinking that this guy cannot possibly be any better.

Wrong.

Young Michael is a certified lifeguard and was a stand out on the high school state swim team (his disheveled, chlorine-bleached blond hair does something to a girl I cannot explain). Michael also has his boater's license and a passion for exploring the uncharted romantic waters of the South Carolina coast.

Tired of the monotony of campus life? Michael can show you a whole new world.

Dawgs of Alumni Hall, look out. You've got some tough competition on your hands this year.