USC game: 31 arrests, 31 citations

Thirty-one people were arrested for alcohol-related offenses and taken to St. Joseph County Jail on Oct. 20, the date of the USC football game, said Phil Johnson, director of Notre Dame Security Police.

The arrests were made by a joint force of NDSP, Indiana State Excise Police, St. Joseph County Police and South Bend Police.

The alcohol-related offenses include public intoxication and minor consuming alcohol, Johnson said.

Johnson provided this information through an e-mail. He did not release the names of the individuals arrested or specify if any were students of Notre Dame or Saint Mary's.

At least 27 of the arrests were made in the stadium.

One person was also transported by ambulance to a local hospital for treatment of intoxication, and three people were asked to leave the stadium for violating stadium rules relating to alcohol, Johnson said.

Additionally, 28 citations were issued to adults and three to juveniles for alcohol-related offenses during the tailgate. Those offenses include minor in consumption or minor in possession.

NDSP will continue to work with area police officials for the remaining three home football games, Johnson said. Law enforcement officers will continue to be on the lookout for underage drinkers on campus and at tailgate parties and will arrest those in violations of the laws.