Group discusses Food for Thought

This month's Food for Thought meeting will be held Wednesday in the West Wing during dinner hours, Student Body President Kim Hodges said Monday at the Board of Governance meeting. The forum is open to the campus and this month's topic will be about the Board of Governance and other boards on campus.

The goal of Food for Thought is "for people to get to know BOG and the functions of BOG and other boards on campus," Hodges said.

The Board has discussed in past meetings plans to increase student government transparency to the student body.

Election Commissionor, Maggie Siefert, said that campaigning will take place for the new Student Body President and the Student Activities Board and Student Diversity Board after students return from Christmas break. Informational sessions will be held during next week.

Hodges also announced the Bookstore will hold a Christmas contest. It is a competition to paint the panes of the bookstore in the Student Center. A drawing will be held on Thursday to choose the students who will paint the windows. The windows will then be judged and gift cards will be given to the winners. If you are interested, you can sign up in the bookstore before Thursday.

There will be a bus trip to Chicago this weekend, Hodges said. The bus leaves at 9 a.m. at the Le Mans bus stop. Students can sign up in the Student Center through Friday.

This week is Disabilities Week, said Student Diversity Board President Abby Hinchy. There are drop boxes in all of the residence halls for used eyeglasses which will be cleaned and donated to the needy.

Colleen Kielty, president of the Class of 2008, announced the Saint Mary's cookbooks will go on sale at the end of the week. The books are being sold for $10 each. The profits will be donated to Twelve Days of Christmas families. Kielty did mention that she received over 300 recipes from Saint Mary's students and alumni.

Kielty also said that there will be Bingo with the Sisters of the Holy Cross tomorrow night in the Lily O'Grady Room of the convent.

"The sisters really enjoy themselves," Kielty said. Prizes will be given to the winners.