SMC panel announces election day

Saint Mary's student body vice president Kelly Payne announced at the Board of Governance (BOG) meeting Tuesday that the 2008-09 student government elections will be held Jan. 29. Payne said flyers will be posted the day of the election to remind students to vote.

On election day, students will access PRISM through their personal Web pages to vote, Payne said.

In other BOG news:

- Midway through Heritage Week, student body president Kim Hodges laid out the remaining events. There will be breakfast in the Reignbeax Lounge of Le Mans Hall at 7 a.m. Thursday. On Friday, there will be guided tours of Reidinger House and a sock hop from 9 to 11 p.m. in the Student Center. The results of the week long scavenger hunt will be announced that day. Also on Friday, the annual Heritage Dinner will be held at 6 p.m. Sisters of the Holy Cross will be in attendance.

- Residence Hall Association President Cassie Quaglia reminded BOG members that Little Sibs Week will be from Feb. 22-24. Students who would like to participate need to pre-register, she said, and they can do that from 8 to 10 p.m. in the Le Mans lobby by Thursday. The cost is $30 for the first sibling, and each additional sibling costs $5 less than the previous one.

- The Board will be selling monogram sweaters in the Student Center, secretary treasurer Courtney Kennedy said. The sweaters will be available for pre-ordering during dinnertime, and they will be on sale for $30 each. Kennedy said the sweaters were inspired by the cover picture of a 1970s-era Saint Mary's yearbook.

- Psychology and Theatre Week will be held from Jan. 28-Feb. 1, Payne said. The schedule of events has yet to be announced.

- Women Honoring Women nominations "should be coming in now," Payne said. Outstanding female staff and faculty members, administrators or advisors at the College are eligible for nomination, she said. The committee is looking for women who go above and beyond their duties at Saint Mary's. Proposed nominees should be sent in by Feb. 8. The recipient of the award will receive dinner in her honor on March 19.