Platform: Ehrlich and Roscitt

Who They AreEhrlich is an off-campus junior majoring in finance. Roscitt is a junior in Stanford Hall majoring in finance and economics.

In Their Wordsu Top Priority: Making student government more laid back. "If it's silly, I'm not going to do it."u First Priority: Erect tetherball poles on the quad.

In Our Wordsu Best Idea: Convince the University to recognize a Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning student club.u Worst Idea: Turn the reflecting pool in front of the library into an ice skating rink. The money needed to retrofit the pool to accomodate expanding ice water and frozen pipes would be well-spent elsewhere. u Most Feasible Idea: Continue addressing issues with development in Africa.u Least Feasible Idea: Convince the University to recognize a Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning student club.u Fun Fact: Ehrlich had never fenced before when he walked onto the varsity fencing team.u Notable Quote: "Rules are for people who don't hold themselves to a higher standard.""No one thinks they're bad at tetherball - it's kind of like beer pong."

Bottom Line When asked why he's running for president, Ehrlich responded, "Why not, right?"He views his campaign with Roscitt as partly a "social experiment" - an alternative to the Braun and Reish tickets. ("Two sides of the same coin," he said.) His attitude is different. Whether the student body would rally around tetherball poles on the quad, however, isn't clear. Whether the University would turn the reflecting pool into a skating rink also isn't clear, though he considers it feasible. ("We put a man on the moon and we have a $4 billion endowment. I don't know why we wouldn't do it.") Ehrlich's focus on getting Notre Dame to officially recognize a gay-lesbian student group is admirable, and he's right that it should seriously be addressed. Except that it is, year after year, and the University continues to stonewall. It's unclear what he would do to make it work.

Roscitt was unable to meet with The Observer.