ND Women's Track; Weber, Hasan shine at Wilson Invitational

Not even some of the fiercest competition Notre Dame has faced all season could keep Anna Weber from continuing her dominance in the throwing events at the Alex Wilson Invitational this weekend at Loftus Sports Center.

The junior took first place in the weight throw and finished fifth in the shot put. Her throw of 19.23 meters met the NCAA provisional mark.

Another standout was junior Alyissa Hasan who won the pentathlon by over 200 points. Hasan, coming off a second place finish at the Big East Indoor championships, has already met the NCAA provisional mark for the Pentathlon.

The tough competition limited the number of Irish competitors who were able to place in their respective events.

Freshman Marissa Treece finished off her successful season by placing seventh in the 5000-meter run. Senior Jacqueline Carter and Freshman Abby Higgins took 17th and 18th place, respectively, in the 800-meter run.

The Alex Wilson Invitational was the last-chance for athletes to set NCAA provisional marks in order to gain entry into the National Championship meet. With the exception of the national meet, this marks the end of the indoor season.

Monday night the qualifiers for the NCAA meet were announced and Hasan will be the only Irish representative.