Who would I be?

HBO has introduced this generation to two different casts of characters who not only provide audiences with hours of entertainment, but also present unique personalities to whom viewers can personally relate.

In 2004, "Sex and the City" tragically ended its six-season long era of glory. Needless to say, I was devastated. It was like I had lost four good friends in Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha.

I was hesitant a few years later when I learned that a new comedy-drama would ascend the HBO throne on which "Sex and the City" once reigned. My friends all compelled me to give it a try, saying it's just like "Sex and the City", only with men, and on the West Coast instead of New York.

I have to admit, although it was no replacement for my beloved urban show, "Entourage" claimed a special place in my heart, and I realized that its appeal to men was as strong as "Sex and the City's" appeal to women.

Mention the names Vinnie, Turtle, Ari, Drama or E to any male these days and he will not only know about whom you are speaking, but also feel a personal connection to one or some of the characters of this Sunday night program. Mention Medellin, Dom's visit, or "Victory!" and audiences will smile nostalgically, as if he himself shared some special moment with the boys from Queens.

Not only will male audiences remember such characters and situations, but they will also compare themselves to the different characters.

Too many countless cocky male friends of mine have declared confidently, "I'd totally be Vinnie." Why? Because Vinnie is the smooth one, the one who is charismatic, charming, and obviously a hit with the ladies.

Similarly, some of my self-assured female friends of mine assert, "Me? Oh, I'd be Carrie," the chic, creative and glamorous narrator of "Sex and the City."

It is when I ask a friend the question seriously of which character best describes his or her personality will he or she stop and consider that they might be a little mix of a number of characters.

For example, I often feel myself cynical like Miranda, the urban attorney, while at the same time identify with the romanticism and emotion of Charlotte.

Similarly, Bill Brink, to my left, is a self-described Turtle, but I see him as more of the charming, assertive E, taking charge of the serious affairs that keep us all in line.

Identifying with these characters gives us reason to become utterly enthralled with these shows, and gives us reason to keep coming back for more.