BOG: Gruscinski, Falvey prepare for office

Saint Mary's Board of Governance (BOG) packed into its conference room with twice its usual number for Tuesday's turnover meeting. The new board members kept a watchful eye on the current members in order to learn the ropes before conducting their first meeting next week.

Mickey Gruscinski, the new student body president, and Sarah Falvey, the new student body vice president will take over next week along with new executives and commissioners.

Student body president Kim Hodges said the incoming board will officially take office at the Church of Loretto on April 28 at 7 p.m. They will also be honoring the exiting seniors at a reception on April 29 in the Student Center lounge at 5 p.m.

Rebecca Rosswurm, president of the Psychology National Honor Society, Psi-Chi, and vice president Loretta Rodts also attended the BOG meeting to request funds for a co-sponsorship. Eight students from the psychology department are going to attend the Midwest Psychology Association's Conference in Chicago from May 1-3.

Five seniors will present their senior comprehensives, and three juniors will be going in order to get ideas for their own comprehensives for the following year.

"It is a good way to show off work they have been to and how much work we put into our presentations on our comps," Rosswurm said.

In other BOG news:

uSMC Tostal will be held next Thursday, April 10, said Cassie Callon, president of the Student Activities Board. The event will start at 12 p.m. in the Student Center Atrium with caricatures and balloon animals. There will also be a band playing in the Student Center lounge and desserts served at dinner from 4-7 p.m.

uSinger Colbie Callet will perform in the O'Laughlin Auditorium Friday, April 10 at 7 p.m. Tickets have already been distributed.

uMeet Me at the Avenue took place Sunday and brought over 600 people to campus, student ambassador commissioner Krystle Hodges said.