Knott honored as Hall of the Year

Knott Hall was awarded the honor of Hall of the Year by the Hall President's Council last Monday at the Student Leadership Recognition Banquet at Legends.

Keenan Hall was named Men's Hall of the Year, while Lewis won Women's Hall of the Year.

Cavanaugh received honorable mention - the first time ever that an "honorable mention" dorm was recognized.

Knott president Edward Barloh said Knott's success could be attributed to the wide variety of events the dorm hosted throughout the year, including charity events and discussion with professors.

"I believe the single-largest reason for Knott's success is that we organized an unprecedented amount of extremely successful events," Barloh said. "It was a lot of fun; I really enjoyed working with all of the other great dorms on campus."

Keenan Hall president Mark Weber said although he was very proud of Keenan's success, his overall experience as dorm president was more rewarding.

"One of the coolest things about being a hall president was the chance to interact with leaders from other dorms," he said. "Awards aside, we're all trying to create an awesome campus atmosphere."

Although Lewis lost both of its assistant rectors, hall president Jessica Keppel said the hall council was still able to organize exciting events by enticing people with the promise of free food.

"The commissioners on our hall council really worked hard to get everyone excited," she said. "Offering free Papa John's breadsticks really works well if you want people to come to your events."