Men's Golf: Golfers head to Ky. for Big East tournament this weekend

Notre Dame hopes to carry momentum from its top finish two weeks ago to help them end strong at the Big East Tournament starting this Sunday in Hebron, Ky.

The Irish believe that they can continue on a path that they started at the Irish Invitational two weeks ago, and feel that they have a good chance at the Championship's this weekend.

The team is going to have to continue to drive the ball well and keep all of their players in play, but felt that this is very possible after the last solid performance. They are still cautiously optimistic, however, because their last performance was done on their home course, but they still feel that they can carry that momentum with them to Kentucky.

They will once again need strong performances by Josh Sandman, who got his fourth consecutive top-10 finish in the last tournament. They will also need a solid performance by freshman Dustin Zhang who was also able to finish tied with Sandman for fourth at the Invitational. These two were just two of the six Irish golfers that finished in the top-10 for the tournament.

The seeding for the tournament is completely random and goes as follows: Seton Hall, USF, Marquette, Connecticut, Cincinnati, Louisville, Villanova, Notre Dame, Georgetown, St John's.

Although the tournament is being held in Kentucky, not far from Louisville, it will be hosted by the University of Cincinnati and will run from the 20th to the 22nd at the Traditions Golf Club.