2008 Election Blogs

Jezebel.com

Jezebel is a self-proclaimed "blog for women that will attempt to take all the essentially meaningless but sweet stuff directed our way and give it a little more meaning." Besides showcasing celebrity fashion faux-pas and clips from Gossip Girl, the contributors at the Jezebel blog offer their takes on election news, from the polls to Sarah Palin's appearance on SNL.

Slant: Pro-Obama.

Yes We Can (Hold Babies)

Yeswecanholdbabies.wordpress.com

With so much vitriol in a campaign - the accusations, personal attacks and Paris Hilton - sometimes it's nice to just see some cute kids. The bloggers at Yes We Can (Hold Babies), a couple of college students from Massachusetts, say their mission as "the international source for pictures of Obama holding babies" is to uphold the storied tradition of politicians scoring brownie points by kissing babies at public events.

Slant: Pro-Obama and people who love cute babies

HotAir.com

Founded by Michelle Malkin, a conservative columnist, blogger, and commentator, HotAir.com prides itself on being the first "conservative Internet broadcast network." Its main focus is video-blogging, with clips of election coverage and commentary from the site's staff. A significant portion of the main page lists headlines from major newspapers and TV networks selected by the staff.

Slant: Pro-McCain.

McCainBlogette.com

Meghan McCain, John McCain's 24-year-old daughter, chronicles the election through her own pictures and musings while on the campaign trail with her family. Meghan runs with blog with help from a photographer and producer who also travel with the McCain campaign. The photos are the biggest draw for this site, capturing both the public rally atmosphere and life-living on the "Straight Talk Express" campaign bus.

Slant: Pro-McCain (duh).

The Google Election Blog

http://www.google.com/2008election/

If you want comprehensive, non-partisan election coverage and commentary, the Google Election Blog is where you go. It's not so much a blog as a continually updating compendium of everyone else's blog posts, news stories, Youtube videos, and quotes from all the presidential candidates for the 2008 election, from Barr to Barack, from Nader to McCain.

Slant: neutral