Weekend Events Calendar

Thurs: Red, 7 p.m., Browning Cinema

When a senseless, cruel act devastates a lonely Korean War veteran, he refuses to accept the outcome and pursues justice. Widowed Avery Allan Ludlow, a man whose closest companion is his 14-year-old ginger-haired dog named Red, loses his best friend at the hands of three thieving teenage boys. The boys escape but the story doesn't end there. Ludlow will settle for nothing less than justice in the name of Red, and is scorned by the community as a result. Will his efforts pay off? Take a study break and head to Browning Cinema to watch this touching film. Tickets are $6 for the public, $5 for faculty/staff, $4 for seniors and $3 for students.

Fri: Madeline's Christmas, 7:30 p.m., Elco Performing Arts?Center

In this sweet performance, which will take you on a trip down memory lane, the story of Madeline's Christmas Adventure is brought to life, recalling the tale so many of us grew up loving. When Madeline's peers come down with a bad bout of the flu just before Christmas, she is faced with the tough decision of sticking around to care for her friends or heading home for the familial holiday. She is overcome with compassion and decides to stay in Paris to comfort her bed-ridden pals. An adventure ensues when a rug merchant with some magical rugs shows up at the "old house in Paris that was covered with vines." The performance will take place at the Elco Performing Arts Center. See www.artseverywhere.com for details.

Sat: Glee Club Concert, 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., Leighton Concert Hall

The fabulous glee club is at it again with its annual Christmas concert, a program that will explore classic carols, contemporary music and traditional works that will appeal to all audiences. Not only will this concert ease the mind, but it will also ease the financial burdens placed on the South Bend Center for the Homeless because all proceeds go to benefit this organization. Be entertained and help out the South Bend community by attending the Glee Club's performance Saturday. Tickets are $8 for the public, $6 for faculty/staff, $5 for seniors and $3 for students.

Sun: Nature Photography by David Hachen and Pottery by Jane Pellouchoud, Opening Reception 2 - 4 p.m., Jewish Federation of St. Joseph Valley

Explore the opening reception of one of Notre Dame's very own premier photographers, David Hachen, and the pottery of Jane Pellouchoud, an artist and DJ for WRHC radio harbor country. The exhibit will open at the Jewish Federation of St. Joseph Valley and the artists will be available for a meet and greet on Sunday. This free event will help stimulate the right side of your brain, just in time for Monday's finals! The Gallery will be open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.

Contact Adriana Pratt at apratt@nd.edu.