SMC Swimming: Belles to swim twice in 24 hours

After a week off, the Belles will dive right back into action with two meets in less than 24 hours this weekend, traveling to Indianapolis Friday before returning home.

The University of Indianapolis will host Saint Mary's and Wabash at 6 p.m. today, and the Belles will take on Albion at Notre Dame's Rolfs Aquatic Center at 1 p.m. Saturday.

The Belles enter the weekend with a 3-3 record in head-to-head meets, including a loss in last weekend's meet against No. 8 Hope College, and two fourth-place finishes and a fifth-place finish in invitationals.

The Belles have been led all season by the stellar performances of their young swimmers, especially sophomore Maggie Williams and freshmen Audrey Dalrymple and Eva Cavadini.

Belles coach Ryan Dombkowski said before the New Year that he expects even better performances out of his young swimmers, particularly Cavadini and Dalrymple.

"Once...(Cavadini) settles into a comfort level...we'll see some impressive time drops," Dombkowski said. "And I look for big things from Audrey [this] semester."

Cavadini and Dalyrmple each have nine first-place finishes this season to tie for the team high. Both have three victories in the Belles' last two meets.

Williams, who had seven victories before the winter break, has yet to finish first this semester.