Stream of Consciousness

It's currently 12:45 a.m. on Monday morning. I've been in The Observer office since 2 p.m. minus the hour and a half I took for dinner at Saint Mary's. I'll probably be here for at least another hour and a half, then I'll get six hours of sleep and head to my internship at the South Bend Tribune for four hours. After that I'll head to class, do my homework and will be right back in this same seat at 7 p.m. tomorrow night to do this all over again - though hopefully without having to write the Inside Column.

Anyway, I hope laying out my schedule for you helps to explain why I?cannot come up with a cohesive topic for the Inside Column. So instead, you get the random thoughts that have been swimming in my head for the past 10 hours.

u LOST?starts this week! Yay! It has been way too long since I've been able to obsess over Sawyer, Kate, Jack and, yes, even Locke. Things to think about: Is Jin really dead? Will Jack convince everyone to go back to the island? What did Sawyer whisper to Kate before he jumped out of the helicopter?

u Last week's episode of "The Office" was one of the best I've ever seen. After spending four hours watching the BBC's version of the show wth my family in Salzburg, Austria over Christmas break - the BBC was the only channel in English ... unless you count all the music videos on MTV - I was ready to get away from Gareth and Tim and back to Dwight and Jim. Thankfully, Andy and Dwight's duel delivered as Andy hit Dwight with his car in a masterful display of wit.

u Forest husbands. If you haven't seen the movie "Defiance" you have no idea what I'm talking about. And if the box office results from this weekend are any indication - the Daniel Craig, Leiv Schreiber drama came in at number eight - not many of you know what I'm talking about, therefore I'm done with this topic.

u Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Why doesn't Saint Mary's or Notre Dame recognize this holiday? Having the day off would be nice. The semester is already stressful after one week. I was talking with a South Bend Tribune staff writer last week about the holiday. She was sad because she thinks kids these days don't know what MLK did. I?was scared to admit that aside from his "I?Have a Dream" speech, I don't really know specifics about him. Apparently, I'm not too scared to write that in an Inside Column though. Hey, I?asked a guy out in one of these things, that pretty much takes any fear away.

u Back to TV. "Friday Night Lights" is an amazing show. I?became obsessed with it over the summer when Lyla Garrity mentioned Saint Mary's College in episode five. Granted, we were just that school across the street from ND, but hey, let's take any mentions we can get in primetime. Season three started on NBC last Friday. I?haven't watched the episode because, unlike most other people in the United States, I?was watching "Defiance." They really should move FNL to another day in the week. Friday doesn't work for me. Thankfully, I can watch full episodes of it on NBC.com.