Christian Finnegan Coming to Legends

On Saturday, standup comedian Christian Finnegan will be performing at Legends at 10 p.m. A regular on VH1's "Best Week Ever" and the "I Love the …" series, Finnegan is most famous for being "Chad," the sole Caucasian roommate in the Real World sketch on "Chappelle's Show." He is also a regular on Comedy Central's standup comedian shows like "Premium Blend" and he has had his own half an hour special on Comedy Central Presents.

Comedy Central also sponsored Finnegan's national college tour in the first half of 2007. The "Two for Flinching Tour" was done to support his 2006 comedy CD of the same name. Even at the age of 35, Finnegan is still viewed as an up-and-comer in the comedy world and definitely a name to watch in the future.

Finnegan's material is relatively clean for a comedian these days (not overtly sexual or graphic, but not PG-13 either) and it relies mostly on observational humor, a.k.a. girlfriend jokes, quirks of certain areas, childhood memories, etc. His CD is very entertaining - a welcome relief from the Dane Cook imitator albums that have been flooding the market - and he excels as a live performer.

His delivery does not pretend to be anything special, but his facial expressions and onstage demeanor greatly enhance the punch lines to his less funny material. 

The best way to describe Finnegan is that he's just likeable and his endearing manner makes him an audience favorite, which helps even his weaker jokes to still go over well.

Admission to Finnegan's performance is free with a Notre Dame or Saint Mary's student ID.

Contact Declan Sullivan at dsulliv9@nd.edu.