Circle K requests funding

Brittni Qualizza, the secretary of Circle K, asked for two co-sponsorships from the Board of Governance (BOG) at their meeting Monday night. Circle K is a nationwide service organization that has a chapter at Saint Mary's.

Qualizza, along with Alicen Miller, Circle K's former president, requested the first co-sponsorship to help fund an upcoming conference involving all Indiana Circle K groups.

"Awards are given in April for the best clubs," Miller said. "It is a time to celebrate Circle K clubs and the board's turning over to next year's leaders."

Qualizza also asked for a co-sponsorship for the second annual alumni reunion weekend hosted by the Saint Mary's Affiliates of the American Chemical Society (SMAACS). She is in charge of gathering alumni to campus so they can present what they did after graduating from Saint Mary's.

"[The weekend] consists of alum from recent years to 15 years ago," Qualizza said. "It is a really good opportunity for younger women who are chemistry majors to see them give speeches and be influenced by their amazing place in society."

In other BOG news:

uJunior Caitlin Sullivan expressed concern about the parking in the Science Hall parking lot. She said that many of the spots are reserved for teachers leaving students to park in the back corner of the lot or in Angela parking lot while many of the spots in the teacher area remain unoccupied.

uElections commissioner Francesca Johnson said the "Meet the Candidates" event for Residence Hall Association (RHA) and Student Diversity Board (SDB) president will be this Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the West Wing of the Noble Family Dining Hall.

uThe SMC Monologues have two performances that will take place Friday Feb. 28 and Saturday March 1 in Vander Vennet Theater, women's issues commissioner Becki Faunce said. "We actually have too many people and too many monologues, and that is not a bad problem to have," she said.

uSophomore Parent's Weekend, which took place this past weekend, went well according to sophomore class president Meg Griffin. Despite several last minute registries everyone had a great time, she said.