Right to Life discussion

To the students, faculty and staff of Notre Dame, St. Mary's and Holy Cross:On Monday, Feb. 2, The Observer will feature a newspaper advertisement entitled, "We Know Better Now." This advertisement is published by the Human Life Alliance, a non-profit pro-life organization based in Minneapolis, Minnesota that seeks to promote the dignity of human life at all of its stages and to encourage the practice of the virtue of chastity in everyday life. The running of this insert may please some, offend others and, perhaps, go unnoticed or unattended to by others. Although Notre Dame Right to Life has not been involved officially in the project of featuring this advertisement in The Observer, we would like to encourage you to read, or at least glance through it.Being that Notre Dame is a Catholic institution of intellectual exchange and growth, on behalf of Notre Dame Right to Life, I would like to take this opportunity to invite the students, faculty and staff of Notre Dame, St. Mary's and Holy Cross to partake in the ongoing dialogue regarding the issues addressed in the advertisement. To this point, Right to Life will be hosting a bi-partisan discussion on the issues addressed in the advertisement. This event will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 10 at 7:30 PM in the Coleman-Morse Student Center. (Mark your calendars - food will be served!)Notre Dame Right to Life hopes that you will read the Human Life Alliance advertisement and that you will join us for this discussion!

Mary K. DalyPresident, Notre Dame Right to LifeJan. 30