To Notre Dame women

Letter to the editor | Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Please refrain from wearing tights with thongs without a shirt of appropriate length.

I repeat, please refrain.

I cannot speak for the rest of the student body, but I personally do not wish to see jiggling, flailing, unsupported butt cheeks in my face as I try to climb the stairs of DeBartolo. I get it, you don’t want to hide behind bulky jeans or sweats in the dead of winter; you want to show off your body. But please, a perma-wedgie is not a good look, especially when your tights are just a little too tight and I see a massive camel toe peeking through. Maybe if I were a guy, I would enjoy these scenes. But if I were, I don’t think I would. If you have a firm, tight rear, by all means, go ahead and flaunt it. I appreciate a good a** when I see one, guy or girl. If, however, you do not possess the above criteria, then do not display to the entire school your Richter-scale-worthy butt cheeks, followed by the wave of aftershocks once you’ve stopped walking.

Wear a shirt, tunic or dress that completely covers your tush. Oh, and wear supportive underwear!!! This will help to give you that perfectly bootylicious bum without looking like a certain dromedary’s digit. Ladies, give those boys a good reason to look at your behind.

Thank you for your consideration.

Lourdes Meraz

McGlinn Hall

Feb. 3