Two sexual assaults reported

Sam Davis | Thursday, February 26, 2009

Two alleged sexual assaults were reported on campus recently, according to an e-mail sent to the student body from the Notre Dame Security Police (NDSP) early Thursday morning.

The e-mail, dated Feb. 25 and sent through the IRISHLINK listserv, came during the same week students and campus groups were observing Sexual Assault Awareness Week.

A University administrator reported receiving information of an alleged sexual assault committed by “acquaintances of the survivor” in a campus residence hall on Feb. 8, the e-mail said. The incident was not reported to NDSP.

Another alleged sexual assault, committed by an acquaintance, occurred on Feb. 23 in a residence hall, the e-mail said. The incident was reported to NDSP the same day.

Information about sexual assault prevention and resources for survivors of sexual assault is available at www.ndsp.nd.edu and from the Office of Student Affairs at http://osa.nd.edu/health-safety/assault, the e-mail said.

To report a crime in progress, suspicious activity or a fire or medical emergency, dial 9-1-1 from any campus phone or 574-631-5555.