In memory of Kevin

Kevin Healey was an inspiration and a blessing to everyone he met. His story of making the Dean's List freshman year while on full-time chemo is remarkable itself. And yet there was more to it than that. He exemplified amazing courage in the face of his adversity, taking cancer head on and striving to conquer it up until his final hours. When he came back to school for the final time to live a "normal" college life, it was energizing to see his smile. He was so happy to be back at school. He appreciated what he did have, not lamenting at what was holding him back.

Kevin embodied the drive all parents hope their kid has, and the passion so many aspire to have. He was God's gift to such a great number of people, and it seems unfair that it was short-lived. But that is not how Kevin saw it. He used every opportunity he had to make the most of his time here, and that says a lot about him. Many will remember him for his humor while he was doing well, and his desire to keep on fighting when things went against him. His parents took pride in how their Fighting Irishman believed and fought when he easily could have given up. And they have so much more to be proud of the kid who touched the lives of many people in such a short time.

Kevin's funeral is Tuesday, April 28 at 10:00 a.m. Thoughts, prayers and lights at Kevin's beloved grotto would go a long way for the family that has been praying for quite a while now. He left a tremendous family behind. May God bless Kevin and the Healey family. Well done Kevin, you fought like a champion today.

Sean Stefancin

freshman

Stanford Hall

April 26