Terrorism at ND

This is in regards to the story 'We Will Make This a Circus,' (April 8). In it, Randall Terry threatens, as the title suggests, to make my graduation a circus. In addition, he hopes this will scare other Catholic universities into not inviting pro-choice speakers to commencement ceremonies in the future. He does so even in the face of a senior class that, for the most part, supports Obama as commencement speaker.

He is using Notre Dame as just another step in his agenda. These do not seem to be the actions of a reasonable person. A reasonable person debates and is open to all ideas. A reasonable person tries to understand a situation from all angles. So I ask myself, who else uses these tactics? Who else employs fear to force one's beliefs on other people? These, I believe, are the characteristics of a terrorist.

He cares not what the graduating seniors think or how this could affect them. He is wholly single-minded in his pursuits with little care for the possible effects they could have on other people. He is concerned only with his ideology and how to make other people comply with it. Terrorism can only survive on these ideals, ideals that Terry are bringing to our campus.

As he now lives here, he might read this, so I implore him: talk about the issue. But do not use protest as a weapon of fear. The United States has a policy of not negotiating with terrorists. This is Notre Dame, and neither do we.

A.J. Radcliffe

senior

Knott Hall

April 8